Setting up a successful foundation at Mason includes activating your accounts.
Patriot Pass and Mason Live
Your first step is to set up your Patriot Pass, as this is how you set up your Mason NetID (username) and password. Setting this up allows you to access your Mason Live e-mail account. If you do not know your G number, please contact your assigned Success Coach immediately. As for your “claim code,” please try your date of birth (MMDDYY). If this does not work, please contact your Success Coach.
Once you have set up your Patriot Pass (i.e. your NetID and password), you will complete the following steps to set up your MasonLive account:
To activate your MasonLive account:
Go to password.gmu.edu
- Scroll down to Option 5 (To activate/reset your MasonLive Microsoft Account) and click on the link.
- On the Central Authentication Service page, log in using your Mason NetID and Patriot Pass Password.
- Type in a new MasonLive Microsoft Password using the guidelines provided. *Please note: your MasonLive Microsoft Password and your Patriot Pass password CANNOT be the same
- Click the Save Password button. You have created a MasonLive Microsoft Password
- To log in to your account, go to masonlive.egmu.edu and click “Login here” with your MasonLive account.
- You’ll log in with..
- MASON LIVE Microsoft Password (this is the password you just created)
- You will be asked to select your language and time zone.
- All done! You are now inside your MASON LIVE inbox. *Please note: this only changes your MASON LIVE Microsoft Password. Your Patriot Pass password is not impacted.
Mason ID Card
As for your Mason non-degree ID card, you will need to visit the Mason ID Card Office on the Fairfax campus to get your picture taken and receive your ID same day. Please bring a form of picture ID (i. e. a current driver’s license, military ID, visa, passport) and your G number with you to the Mason ID Card Office in order to obtain your Mason ID.
Submitting you immunizations records to Student Health Services at Mason is a requirement of all Mason students. Please take the following steps to submit your records:
- Collect your immunization records: Contact your parent/guardian, a healthcare provider who administered your vaccines, military service branch, a previous U.S. high school or 4-year university.
- All students are required to download the Immunization Record Form. Students must complete Parts 1-4. A healthcare professional must fill out Parts 6-8 for students born after December 31, 1956. If indicated, Part 5 must be filled out by a healthcare professional, regardless of student date of birth.
- Attach supporting documentation to the Immunization Record form and submit to the Immunization office in one of three ways:
- Upload to the online patient portal (preferred method, you can check the status of your submission)
- Mail to: Immunization Office, 4400 University Drive, MS 2D3, Fairfax, VA 22030
- Submit in-person or drop-off to SUB 1, Room 2347
Immunization Office Contact Information:
Phone: 703-993-2135 Office: SUB 1, Room 2347 and 2349 Email: email@example.com
Please visit Student Health Services website for more details and questions about health insurance options, including a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the submission of immunization records (scroll to the bottom).