The complexity of adult lives means they have needs that differ from those of traditional-age students. Adult college students face the challenges of balancing school with work, parenting and other responsibilities. As the proportion of adult students grow on college campuses more services for adult learners are being cultivated to support them in degree completion.
Contemporary Student Services
Check out the Contemporary Student Lounge in HUB 1012 to meet other Contemporary Students! Here you will have access to coffee, snacks, tea, a fridge, and a microwave. The lounge is where you can find Contemporary Student Mentors, Lounge Assisants, and Contemporary Student Ambassadors who are a peer resource that you can utilize throughout your time as a student.
Events at Mason are open to all students, so you are welcome to go to any event that is of interest to you. To find events, download the Mason360 app or go to the website.
Every semester events are held specifically for adult learners to help with their academic and social transition to the university. If you would like to learn more about events specifically for adult learners click the button below.
Do you have questions about campus? Meet with a peer mentor! They are here to share tips and tricks with you.
Apply for the Contemporary Student Advisory Board! The Student Advisory Board is an opportunity for you to create a Mason that is engaging for all students. It’s a place to share your experiences, meet other students like you, and make a positive impact on your peers and campus. All Contemporary Students are welcome! Applications are ongoing. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information.
Mason 360 is where students can learn about events and clubs on campus. Access it at mason360.gmu.edu or download the app. Filter by event tags to find specific events!
Available 24 hours a day year-round. GMU Police/Fire/EMT can be contacted at 703-993-2810.
- Fairfax/Mason Square
- Gunston Mason Go-Bus
- Fairfax campus and area shopping centers
- Sandy Creek/Vienna Metro
- Fairfax campus and Vienna Metro
- West Campus Shuttle
- connects East and West Fairfax campus
- Fairfax City bus service that is FREE for Mason students with ID
- receive a free U-lock and other giveaways
a fixed number of meals to be used at dining halls, plus bonus funds which can be used in most dining venues.
*basically, it works like a debit card
- save 6% at any retail locations
- works with Starship Robots
- get a $2.00 discount off the door price at each of the three dining halls
- remaining balance rolls over from fall to spring.
- all funds must be used by the end of the spring semester
- You need a parking pass your first day of classes
- YOUR LICENSE PLATE IS YOUR PERMIT
- Register your license plate when purchasing your semester virtual permit. No more hangtags or printable permits. It’s easy to manage from anywhere, anytime.
- YOUR LICENSE PLATE IS YOUR PERMIT
- Parking passes must be purchased on the parking portal at parking.gmu.edu with a credit or debit card
- The price of a parking pass cannot be added to your student bill
- Rates vary by parking locations
- Bundle parking and dining to receive a rebate at transportation.gmu.edu/park-and-dine
Patriot Perks is a collaborative program among several university and local entities. Through the program, local businesses connect with the Mason community by offering exclusive discounts through the program. For a full list of deals check out the link here: https://patriotperks.gmu.edu/deals/.